my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

April 6, 2007

Bisita Iglesia...

Following the traditions that we used to do back in Manila, we did a Bisita Iglesia. Pretty much it meant us visiting 7 churches and praying the Stations of the Cross. It was nice being able to redo the traditions that Franny and I used to do back home with our respective families back in Manila.

Churches we visited :
Mt. Carmel - 187th Street & Belmont Avenue
St. Paul the Apostle - 60th Street & 9th Avenue
St. Patrick's Cathedral - 50th Street & 5th Avenue
St. Malachy's - 49th Avenue b/n 8th Avenue & Broadway
St. Francis - 16th Street b/n 5th & 6th Avenue
the Transfiguration Catholic Church - corner of Mott Street & Mosco Street
Fordham University Church - Fordham Rose Hill Campus

After the 6th Church, we ate dinner at Hop Kee! Hehehe! Always a great place to have dinner and just pig out. It also gave us a chance to meet our friend Dom's mom. She was in town for a week or two and they were able to join us for dinner. Click here for more the pictures I took from our little go around. As is the case, I'll post a few pics here, the rest will be on my multiply site.

first stop mt. carmel

in front of the nintendo store

St. Malachy's Church

after dinner at Hop Kee

on our way home from Mass at Fordham

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home