my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

December 20, 2005

so i guess the strike is on...

right now i should be sleeping, but just as i was about to turn off the tv they cut to a press conference where there was to be an announcement. as we are all aware of, the transit workers did decide to be true to their word and go on strike.

when i was in manila, i never really paid much attention when the jeepney drivers went on strike. i was pretty much fortunate enough to have access to a car so i never really felt how crippling it could be. but now that i live in new york and do not have the luxury of my own car, i can see how frustrating it can really be.

even though i really have no need to go out, just seeing how things got chaotic in the city made me feel really happy that i didnt have a great need to be there. i just feel a bit bad since franny's aunt and cousin arrived last sunday and they are here for only a few days. it really is frustrating since we can't really bring them around that much since we don't want to make them walk that much. walking 10 blocks isnt all that bad, but having to walk 40 blocks then another 40 to see another attraction is a bit too much. plus you have to factor in the cold weather!

i just hope that they resolve the problem and agree on a contract to end it.

--------

personally though, i never did like the idea of unions. they just mess up the market! but that's just my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home