my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

November 26, 2005

thanksgiving & black friday!

it was thanksgiving last week and every year we celebrate it at my aunt's place in monroe. i still haven't received any of the pics that were taken from our gathering, you can be assurred that ill post them once i get them.

as usual, i ate more than what i said i should eat! but how can you say no to so much food on the table! hehehe =) i guess i'll just have to hit the gym again and get myself back on track. to think in a few weeks, it'll be Christmas which is another occassion for eating more than usual.

---------------

black friday experience!!!

franny, dom & i joined my cousin ger & jill go shopping on black friday! we first started out by heading out to woodbury commons around 1145pm, since for the first time, the outlet stores would be opening at midnight. the weather was still rather manageable in my opinion, what surprised me was the fact that there were people who actually got on a bus from port authority just to go shopping! i'd understand if you lived in the area, but to commute for almost an hour and half, wow...

was able to get some shopping done! =) finally got myself a new suit. ive had the same suit for the past few years already and i thought it was time to get a new one. with the discounts available, i was able to get myself a good deal on the one i got.

our next stop was bestbuy! we were at the store around 315am, and waited till it opened at 5am. i can't believe that we stood out there in 20degree weather! it was nice though that they provided some donuts and hot chocolate (which cooled so fast). i think after an hour, i could barely feel my toes! in some ways, it was a blessing that we were on the side of the building which blocked us from the wind. i doubt i would have lasted if we had to stand out there with the wind in our faces.

though i didn't get anything from bestbuy for myself, it was still a great experience! an experience which i don't see myself doing again.

---------------

thanks again ger for letting us stay at your house and for driving us around!

---------------

oh, i took a pic of myself with the suit i bought and its posted below.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home