my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

May 14, 2007

another visit... this time to the high school & the Gesu

I had the opportunity to check out the high school campus a few days ago. A lot has changed with the old campus as you will see from the pictures. There are now more buildings all over, most of them are 2 or 3 stories instead of the single level buildings we had when I was still in school.


This is the new walkway that they put up. I personally am not so fond of it, since it really cuts the amount of lawn space. It's not like there isn't any other way to get to the Mother Mary statue in the middle given that the corridors on the side have a small walkway to the middle.

Here are two more memorials or statues that I saw that weren't there when I last visited. The first one is located between the college courts and the row of building on the right (if you are facing the chapel). I forgot the name of the priest whose statue stands near the back. The next one, which is St. Ignatius with a book. A friend of mine commented that its like he's blind and he's trying to read braille. You see this statue if you keep walking on the pathway which cuts through the right side of the high school grounds.

This was our batch's contribution/legacy to the high school. If I remember correctly, it's a statue of a young Jose Rizal. I must say that the whole thing is in pretty good condition. It's like they just cleaned it recently. On the bottom, is the list of those in the class. Unfortunately, they had this rule that if you didn't donate a particular amount your name wouldn't show up. It's something my friend Mark has suggested, that we replace the plate and just include all our other classmates who were omitted from the list.

I also got to check out the Gesu as well. It's really impressive and really nice. Though as many have told me, its very similar to camp big falcon. If you don't know what that is, just google it. What it reminded me when I stepped in was De La Strada along Katipunan, but a much nicer version of it. Hehehe!!!

Unfortunately, something is up with blogger that I can't upload any more pics. So I'll just post them next time instead.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home