my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

January 26, 2007

nashville....

Went to Nashville the past weekend. It was a short trip on my part given that I was going to be in Chicago by the end of the week. hehehe! I flew in to Nashville in the late afternoon of Thursday. It was a rough flight given that there was a lot of turbulence. It didn't help that Jetblue had cable tv which made me watch tv, which by the end of the flight left me with a splitting headache!

It was lovely being able to spend time with Tito Willie and Ninang Irene. Even though I had initially met them during our wedding last year, it was really an experience being able to be with them for an extended period of time. They really crack me up with their behavior and their lovely way of looking at things.

Bridget then came Friday evening from Chicago. It was really going to be a short trip cause the next day we picked up her new car, a black Toyota Rav-4. Personally, I prefer the Toyota Matrix. =) One day...

The Rav-4 was a great drive. We had no problems during our trip along the I-65. Oh yeah, that was the plan. We got her car Saturday afternoon, and the next day we drive all the way back up to her place in Chicago. There were some parts along the way where it was raining and snowing, but it wasn't the type where you really had to slow down considerably. We were really fortunate with the weather. It wasn't that bad, it took us around 8 hours, just as mapquest said the drive would take us.

I really didn't get to take that many pics. Not only that, but I know that some of my cousins live in Nashville, unfortunately I never got to meet up with any of them. I tried getting in touch with them. Maybe next time I then.
the Parthenon where inside ...

... you find the Goddess Athena!
Vanderbilt in downtown Nashville

bridget's new ride!

I should have taken some pictures while I was in Chicago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home