my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

January 8, 2007

back from florida!

We had such a wonderful time in Florida! I can't really explain it but nothing really beats spending the holidays with your family. It was lovely spending 2 whole weeks with my mom, dad and brother (the last two having flew in from Manila).

The first few days were surprisingly cold, my mom kept joking that we brought the cold with us. Fortunately the rest of our trip featured milder weather which allowed me and Franny to take advantage of the tennis courts that were right next to my mom's apartment.

Originally we had planned to go to Orlando, similar to last year, where we went to Universal Studios to enjoy the fireworks. But we decided to just have a nice quiet dinner instead since it was our first new year together in the U.S. A funny thing happened to us when we were on our way to SeaWorld. On our way there, we missed the exit that we needed to take. So we then took the next exit to to get back, but since it was already noon, we decided to get some lunch first. While there we found out that we were next to an outlet area! Would you believe that we then ditched our original plan and ended up spending the rest of the day shopping. Hahaha!

And to top it all off, when we were in Jacksonville airport on our way back to New York, one of the airport personnel asked if anyone was willing to get bumped off. Well since Franny and I weren't in any hurry we allowed ourselves to remain behind and for our trouble they gave us a voucher to be used for future flights. We only arrived 5 hours later with a good sized compensation. =)

Below are some of the pictures that I took during our 2 week stay there. If you want to see more, feel free to check out my flickr account.

see that gator, it was just a few feet from the sidewalk on campus

the playground just outside the apartment when I was still a baby

inside the devil's millhopper (it's just a huge sinkhole)

welcoming the new year at home

at some park a few miles northeast of gainesville

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home