my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

November 21, 2006

someone's trespassing...

The day started out as a regular day, taught my undergrad class in the morning and had consultation hours. But when I got home thats when I was surprised to find a cop inside our apartment. It seems that someone had entered our apartment and rummaged around.

Franny actually saw the person (she said it was a kid) come out from our apartment. Good thing she didn't try to stop the kid, you never know what the kid would or could do. And we're pretty sure that the kid is not alone, more than likely he had a lookout as well. Good thing franny and i both brought our laptops with us, if not I'm sure they would have been both as good as gone. After giving our apartment a quick search, nothing was missing. I guess the kid didn't have much time to get anything. Fortunately, Franny wasn't harmed in any way.

Well that pretty much sums up what happened earlier. It really does mess up one's sense of security. You then question whether or not you will be safe and whether you can actually leave your apartment for a prolonged period and still come back to see your stuff still there.

Tomorrow, we'll change our locks again just to ensure that if the person got a copy it would be rendered useless. That's life in the bronx, but its something we hope and pray we (and anyone else for that matter) won't have to deal with again.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, November 23, 2006 , Blogger Traveller said...

    yikes! good thing nothing was stolen. if that happened back here, the kid would've taken anything not nailed to the floor. on second thought, he would've taken the nails too. And as I recall, you guys have a loooot of papers there. aba, big biz ang bote diyaryo dito! hehe. Personally, I would've stolen that Mad toilet book you guys have!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, November 23, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Scary.

    Remind me not to settle in the Bronx, if ever. :P

     
  • At 10:03 AM, November 28, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's why I miss living in our old neighborhood. LOL. Seriously, I love Belmont. Pero ingat kayo ha. I'm glad you guys weren't hurt and didn't lose anything.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, November 28, 2006 , Blogger barookie said...

    t-train

    hahaha you have to love our neighborhood talaga. pero oo nga, fortunate that no one got hurt.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home