my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

March 2, 2007

Friday Mass

If there is something that I haven't done for a long time, it would be attending Mass on a weekday. Honestly, I always loved the hearing Masses with Jesuit celebrants. I've always enjoyed their homilies, how they make it relevant to our daily lives and how it is something that I can feel I can relate to. As I shared Fr. Manny (our celebrant during our wedding), I always found the homily to be what I use to determine whether it was a good Mass or not.

So I attended First Friday Mass and I knew who the celebrant was going to be and I was looking forward to his homily. He has never disappointed when it comes to his homily. I've always found it very moving and at the same time very down-to-earth. Here is a short excerpt from his homily which I had requested.

"We spin a veil of self-sufficiency when we live out of anxious striving and self-assertion to sustain ourselves with bread from stone. This veil shuts out from our sight the God of our life, not letting him be the God who gives us everything of life and joy."

I've told some people about this already, but coming here to the US has really made have a stronger relationship with our Lord. and it's something I can say that I might not have been able to achieve if I had stayed in Manila. I don't know why, but that's just how I feel. Coming here to the US really made me trust in the Lord and accept that He does have a plan for us, we just have to listen to Him and accept it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home