my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

August 10, 2005

how it went out....

i was playing poker yesterday. i joined this small tourney and was on the cusp of making it and winning. was a frustrating way to go out but what can i do. let me set up how the table was.

7 people left on the table, blinds were 300/600. i was the big blind for that round. i roughly had around $3300 (after paying the blinds). the person next to me raises it to 1200, (he had a total of around 3400 in chips) everyone folds and i look at my hand to see A-3 diamonds. since i was in the big blind, might as well call the raise.

on the flop : K-A-A (diamond-club-spade)

i check, he raises $750, i then decide to go all-in and he immediately calls me. i sort of guessed that he didnt have an ace, but that it was some pair. well i was right with the fact that he didnt have an ace. so i pretty much had a set of aces (3 of a kind), he turns up his hand and he has pair kings, which gives him full house kings over aces. you can't imagine how it felt seeing it! i was just shocked! obviously i still had some outs since i an ace, 3, or pairs on the turn and river would help.

but no, nothing helpful came up. though that hand didnt kick me out of the table, the next hand pretty much did since i didnt have any chips left to do anything. that's pretty much it. what a way to go. frustrating, but that's poker as they say...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home