my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

September 6, 2006

trip to manila & elsewhere

I promised that I would write again and I'm going to be good on my word. I forgot most of the dates, so I'll just summarize how each month went.

June
It was such a long flight going back to manila. Our flight was a direct flight from new york to hong kong, which meant having to endure roughly 16 straight hours on a plane. I usually don't mind long flights, but i really felt uncomfortable with this trip. I guess it has to do that for most of the flight, the lights in the cabin remained unlit and i don't think they ever opened the windows except for 2 hours throughout the whole flight. It really messed up any sense of time that i had.

Once we arrived in manila, we pretty much went straight to business meeting with various offices to get all the necessary paperwork filled up for the wedding. For the next week or two, franny and I would be up and about, trying to be one of the first ones in the office to get our paperwork filed. It was such a tedious process, having to go to the Church itself to submit requirements, then proceeding to the Archdiocese as well to submit almost the same paperwork. Why can't they just organize it in such a way that we just submit to one place and they forward the paperwork to the other office.

But eventhough we were always busy every morning and afternoon, we still got to meet up with some friends. Below are some pics from those get-togethers that we got to attend. We also got some pre-wedding pics with the help of kuya jops. Our official photographer took some pics as well, but I'll post them in some other entry.

hanging with classmates from h.s.
parents with my dad's siblings
v
pretty clear message =)
taken by kuya jops in ateneo
July
This month was obviously one of the most important ones in my life since I was getting married on the 8th. We got married at the National Shrine of the Sacred Heart. When we got married, it was the first time that I had entered the said Church, I was really impressed with the Church and I'm glad that was the place we chose. It was a wonderful ceremony (I'm obviously biased) afterwards we then went to the Mandarin Hotel for cocktails and also the reception. Hopefully, everyone who attended had a wonderful time, Franny and I sure did =). Before I go on, let me post some pics from the wedding and the reception.

National Shrine of the Sacred Heart
with our loving parents

the ballroom

It was so funny that after the wedding we got a bit disoriented. You might say that we've gotten
a bit used to the idea of having to meet someone or having some important errand to take care of. After the wedding, we spent time with various relatives who flew in to attend the wedding. It's always great being able to catch up with relatives you haven't seen for years.

Franny and I then went to Boracay for our honeymoon. We went there when the weather was perfect, the rains had just passed and were in luzon when we visited. Then near the end of the month, we flew to singapore to visit friends and relatives. The weather did not cooperate as much, the first few days we were there, it would rain whenever we went to any of the attractions in singapore (night safari, bird park etc. ) But we did get lucky since when we went to Sentosa it was a nice sunny (a bit too sunny with no clouds). I'm proud of my achievement there since I managed (on my 3rd try) to hang by my legs on a trapeze bar! Below are some pics from the trips.

crystal cove
on our way to Mass in a tricycle
a bit obvious where we are
that's me, about to get my legs up

That's it for now. I've written a bit lengthly entry. If you want more pics you can just check my flickr account. I'll try to upload more pics as the days go by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home