my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

May 20, 2006

graduation over!

earlier this day, franny had her graduation. she received her M.A. in Econ. It was such a fun day, since a lot of her relatives, as well as mine, were able to come over to attend the ceremonies. it was such an experience having to drive all over to pick them all up. here was the schedule i had:

17th: picked up my dad at JFK airport around lunchtime, then around 1040pm picked up franny's parents at Newark.

18th: pick up my mom in the morning from La Guardia, then late in the evening, we were at La Guardia to pick up her aunt from vancouver only to find out that she was arriving in JFK! good thing it was late in the evening so there wasn't any traffic.

19th: we all had dinner at Todai, formerly known as Minado. it's an eat-all-you can japanese restaurant in midtown. on the way home, we swung by St. Patrick's Cathedral where we got caught in a sudden downpour. i was waiting in the car when it happened and i managed to get a nice shot from inside the mini-van.

the whole family at Todai

waiting in the mini-van

20th: franny's graduation. it was such a pleasant day! the weather being just the right temperature that you can bear being out in the field for the main ceremony before having to move to the University Church where they had the ceremony for the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences.

tito kiko, nanay, franny, tita aida & tita emy

me and franny

tita eve, tita emy, tita aida, tito kiko,
franny, nanay, me, mom and dad

i also got to see a few friends of mine finish their Ph.D. degrees as well! Congratulations to all graduates!

















franny & dr noel de guzman me & dr. sam crowe

then later in the evening, my relatives here prepared a suprise bridal shower for franny and for jill up in rockland county. my cousin ger and jill were going to get married the next day! but that's another blog entry in itself!

we will have coffee!

ger, jill, franny & me

i posted most of the pics on my flickr online account. but here are some of the pics from the past few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home