my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

May 9, 2008

Good people in NYC...

I've often read or heard of stories of good citizens either on the paper and in the news. How they they find something left behind and instead of taking advantage of another person's loss, do the right thing and find a way to return the item to its rightful owner.

This time Franny was the recepient of such kindness. Earlier that day, Franny was busy preparing for the lunch that she prepared since Fr. Nebres was in town. On the way home, given that it was raining and that she had to carry Lissy back to the apartment from the garage without an umbrella, it was at that time that she dropped her wallet.

She had no idea that she had lost it if not for call received later in the day from American Express informing her of the lost wallet. Greg, the person who found it, called American Express and reported the loss. He then left a number to reach him, Franny having to watch over Lissy, asked me to get in touch with Greg. I then got to meet up with him later in the afternoon and got the wallet back.

Again Franny and I would like to thank Greg for what he did. It saved us a lot of trouble and we appreciate his kindness. I even bought him a cheesecake, but he declined the cake and told me that I should just bring it home for Franny and Lissy.

A million thanks to Greg, and for those who ever pick up a wallet and there is nothing there to indicate how to contact the person, just call the credit card company for sure they will be able to get in touch with the owner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home