my own page...

I have given myself 2 years to finish writing my dissertation, which means me graduating in May 2008.

January 16, 2008

I knew it was gonna be bad, but not that bad...

For those who have been following my blog every so often, you are all more than aware that it has been my ongoing goal to get my weight down.

Today I went back to the gym after buying myself a new pair of sneakers (the old ones had a hole that you could already see my socks). And after everything I weighed myself, I was shocked at my current weight --> 265lbs.

To put it into perspective, my heaviest was recorded at 238lbs (jan 2005). I was able to work it off to get myself down to 235lbs by the end of October that same year. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to maintain my momentum and ended up gaining some weight during the holidays. The next years I pretty much maintained my weight around 245-250lbs.

I've always managed to maintain it by at least taking some time to go to the gym twice a week at least. But since I started working, I haven't been able to go. Now I'm pretty much back to where it all started.

If there is something that's going for me, is that I've started to eat much healthier stuff. Hopefully with me going back to the gym, I'll be able to get myself back on track. So let me state the goal and let's see as the year goes by how much progress I make.

End of year goal : 245lbs
Ideal weight: 225lbs.

That's pretty much my rant for today. I know I can do it, it's just going to take time. And I shouldn't allow myself to get frustrated if results don't follow right away. Patience as they say is a virtue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home